Water.org is a US based non-profit organization committed to providing safe drinking water and sanitation to people in the developing countries. It conducted Baseline Surveys with the help of its partner organisations in India using a standard questionnaire. Data was collected by the partner organisations using their field staff. M2i has provided advisory support for analysis of survey results. The following were the key activities in the assignment.
- Design of a template for data entry of survey forms. This template had several data validation checks to minimise the possibility of data entry errors.
- Data cleaning to ensure that inconsistent and invalid entries are not there in the final data set.
- Analysis of data using appropriate statistical tools and software. The results were presented on the following dimensions
- Access, habits and practices for water
- Access, habits and practices for sanitation
- Issues in environmental sanitation
- Water and Sanitation credit demand